This workshop provides students with the fundamental knowledge and skills to use Windows PowerShell 4.0 for administering and automating administration of Windows based servers. Students will learn to execute and monitor scripts more efficiently through more robust session connectivity, workflow capabilities, enhanced job scheduling, and Windows PowerShell Web Access. Learn Windows PowerShell with greater ease through improved cmdlet discovery and simplified, consistent syntax across all cmdlets. Write Windows PowerShell scripts quicker and more intuitively through the new Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE) that enables script sharing, which connects IT pros to a larger Windows PowerShell user community. The workshop is built on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 and while it is specifically focused on Windows PowerShell v4.0, is also relevant in v2.0 and v3.0 Windows PowerShell environments.
Previous Windows Server and Windows Client management knowledge and hands on experience. Experience installing and configuring Windows Server into existing enterprise environments, or as standalone installations. Knowledge and experience of network adapter configuration, basic Active Directory user administration, and basic disk configuration.
You will learn:
- Understanding the basic concepts behind Windows PowerShell
- Working with the Pipeline
- Understanding how the Pipeline works
- Using PSProviders and PSDrives
- Formatting output
- Using WMI and CIM
- Preparing for scripting
- Moving from a command to a script to a module
- Administering remote computers
- Putting the various Windows PowerShell components together
- Using background gobs and scheduled jobs
- Using advanced PowerShell techniques and profiles